HOT TOPICS FOR THE OBCA
The Oregon Basketball Coaches Association is always looking for ways to improve basketball in Oregon. These are some current hot topics that the OBCA is currently discussing:
- Adding practice times back into the season
- Shot clock implementation
- How to keep high school basketball seasons relevant.
- The OSAA Rule of 2
- Specialization and how to encourage the multi-sport athlete.
- Mentorship with young coaches
- Student transfers
- 5A/6A State basketball tournaments separated by gender
- 3A/2A tournament being combined